Our Physician and Surgeon: Douglas K. Holmes, MD
After 8 years of practice with the US Air Force (worldwide) and 7 years as a Raleigh based UNC-Chapel Hill School of Medicine ENT faculty, Dr. Holmes have started his own practice to bring to patients experienced, advanced, state of the art ENT care.
Dr. Holmes believes all patients need a complete evaluation before a plan of action can be implemented. He works diligently to provide compassionate, painless, quality care with full explanations to you in non-medical terms with his diagnosis and recommendations.
Dr. Holmes Background
- Specialty – Otolaryngology
- Sub-specialty – Pediatric ENT
- Years in Practice – 25 Years
- Undergraduate: University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, BS chemistry, 1976
- Medical: University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Medicine, MD, 1980
- Residency: University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA, 1985
- Fellowship: Cincinnati Children’s Hospital, Cincinnati, OH, 1990
- Board Certification: Otolaryngology
- North Carolina Medical Society
- American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery
- American College of Surgeons
- Wake County Medical Society
Awards and Service Organizations
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honorary Society
- Eagle Scout
- Meritorious Service medal
- USAF Reserves
- Morehead Scholar at UNC-Chapel Hill
- Phi Beta Kappa
Want to Learn More about Our ENT Doctor & Surgeon or Set up an Appointment?
We are committed to making you feel better, and we will do everything in our power to do so. If you would like more information, please fill out the form on the Contact Us page, send a message through our Patient Portal, or give us a call at 919-782-9003.